A student satisfies Standard College’s Practical Nursing program high school diploma qualifications if the student:
- has a high school diploma recognized by the department of education in the state in which the high school is located, or the agency that accredits the school is recognized as an accrediting body for institutions of higher education by the U.S. Department of Education.
- has the recognized equivalent of a high school diploma, such as a general educational development (GED) certificate or other state sanctioned test or diploma-equivalency certificate;
- has completed homeschooling at the secondary level as defined by state law.
Recognized equivalents of a high school diploma
Standard College recognizes several equivalents to a high school diploma:
- a GED certificate;
- a certificate or other official completion documentation demonstrating that the student has passed a state-authorized examination (such as the Test Assessing Secondary Completion (TASC) the High School Equivalency Test (HiSET), or, in California, the California High School Proficiency Exam) that the state recognizes as the equivalent of a high school diploma (certificates of attendance and/or completion are not included in this qualifying category);
- an associate’s degree;
- successful completion of at least 60 semester or trimester credit hours or 72 quarter credit hours that does not result in the awarding of an associate’s degree, but that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree at any institution; or
- enrollment in a bachelor’s degree program where at least 60 semester or trimester credit hours or 72 quarter credit hours have been successfully completed, including credit hours transferred into the bachelor’s degree program.
Foreign high school diplomas
High school diplomas/transcripts from other countries are acceptable toward the student eligibility general requirement, as long as the diploma is equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. Students are required to have their high school diplomas/transcripts credential evaluated by a company designated by Standard College that offers such a service.