Course Withdrawals/Drop Date
The “withdrawal deadline” for each course is by the 4th schedule course day. A Student withdrawing from a course by the 4th day of the course scheduled attendance shall receive a “W”. Student withdrawing from a course after the 4th day of the course scheduled attendance shall receive a “WP” if they had a passing grade or a “WF” if they had a failing grade. A student withdrawing from a course after the “withdrawal deadline” shall be responsible for entire cost the course.
- (W) Denotes a Withdrawal that occurred before the “withdrawal deadline” of the course. Does not affect term/semester GPA. Does not affect cumulative GPA. Is not calculated in any portion of the SAP policy
- (WP) denotes a Withdrawal that occurred after the “withdrawal deadline” of the course and the student had a grade that met criteria for passing the course. Does not affect term/semester GPA. Does not affect cumulative GPA. Is used when determining the Maximum Time Frame portion of the SAP policy.
- (WF) denotes a Withdrawal that occurred after the “withdrawal deadline” of the course and the student had a grade that did not met criteria for passing the course. Does affect term/semester GPA. Does affect cumulative GPA. Is used when determining all portions of the SAP policy.
Withdrawal from the Program
- A student choosing to withdraw from the school after the commencement of classes is to provide a written notice to the registrar’s office. The notice must include the expected last date of attendance and be signed and dated by the student.
- If special circumstances arise, a student may request, in writing, a leave of absence, which should include the date the student anticipates the leave beginning and ending. The withdrawal date will be the date the student is scheduled to return to from the leave of absence, but fails to do so.
- A student will be determined to be withdrawn from the program if the student misses (7) seven or more consecutive scheduled instructional days without notifying the school and/or not completing all requirements for graduation within the maximum time frame.
- The determined date of withdrawal is determined by the date of the certified letter sent to the student identifying that the student has requested to be withdrawn from the Program or the date that the student has been withdrawn from the Program based on a review by the Academic / Behavior Review Panel.
For the student who does not officially withdraw from the program, the withdrawal date shall be the date the school became aware the student ceased attendance. The school reserves the option of using the student’s last date of documented attendance at an academically/clinically oriented activity as the student’s official withdrawal date.
Unofficially withdrawing from the program affects the student’s academic standing and may jeopardize the student’s eligibility to re-enter the program.
Student withdrawn from the program will not graduate with the current class enrolled in. Student may apply for re-admission to the program. (See re-admission policy)