In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) the Nursing Program at Standard Healthcare Services, Inc. makes every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for all individuals with a disability. The program does not discriminate against applicants because of gender, sexual orientation, age, ethnic background, political affiliation, or disability.
Students requesting modifications or accommodations due to a disability should submit the request in writing to the Director of Education. The request, along with required documentation, will be reviewed by the Director of Education and individuals knowledgeable of disabilities as appropriate. The student will receive written notification of the decision.
The following academic accommodations may be provided for any student with learning disabilities who self-identifies and produces documentation on the learning disability.
- Individualized one-on-one tutoring on mutually agreed on times up to five (5) hours per week
- Use of tape recorders to record lectures
- Time-and half for assignments, quizzes, and exams.
- Private rooms to reduce distractions during tests and exams
- Use of scratch blank paper during exams. The used/unused scratch paper must be submitted to the instructor at the end of the exam