Refund Policy/ Cancellation
A prospective student who is declined admission, does not enroll or begin the program, withdraws or is dismissed prior to the start of the program, is entitled to a refund of all tuition paid. The application fee is nonrefundable. An applicant who provides written notice of cancellation within three (3) business days, excluding weekends and holidays, of executing the enrollment agreement is entitled to a refund of all monies paid, excluding the $75 non-refundable registration fee for the PN Program or $100 for the LPN to RN Program. To cancel the Enrollment Agreement, mail or deliver a signed and dated written notice to cancel to Standard College, 7704 Leesburg Pike, Suite 1000, Falls Church, VA 22043, no later than three business days of the execution date of the enrollment agreement.
An applicant requesting cancellation more than three (3) days after executing the enrollment agreement and making an initial payment, but prior to the first day of class is entitled to a refund of all monies paid, less the non-refundable registration fee. Refunds shall be paid within 45 days after receipt of a written request or the determination date of withdrawal.
- A student choosing to withdraw from the school after the commencement of classes is to mail or deliver a written notice to withdraw to Standard College’s Registrar, 7704 Leesburg Pike, Suite 1000, Falls Church, VA 22043. The written notice to withdraw must include the expected last date of attendance and be signed and dated by the student.
- If special circumstances arise, a student may request, in writing, a leave of absence, which should include the date the student anticipates the leave beginning and ending. If the student fails to return from the leave of absence, the withdrawal date will be the date of the student’s last date of attendance.
- A student will be determined to be withdrawn from the institution if the student misses seven consecutive instructional days and all of the days are unexcused.
- The student’s last day of attendance is the last day the student had any academically related activity in which the student participated, which may include class lectures, projects, clinical experience, or examinations.
- The determined date of withdrawal shall be the last date of documented attendance at an academic-related activity in which the student participated, which may include class lectures, projects, clinical experience, or examinations.
- The tuition refund computation consists of tuition and program fees.
Tuition refunds will be determined as follows:
Practical Nursing Program
|Proportion of the Term Clock Hours Completed by Withdrawal Date||Tuition Refund|
|Less than 25%||50% of each phase tuition cost|
|25% up to but less than 50%||25% of each phase tuition cost|
|50% or more||No Refund|
LPN to RN Transition Program
|Proportion of Semester Credit Hours Completed by Withdrawal Date||Tuition Refund|
|Less than 25%||50% of semester tuition cost|
|25% up to but less than 50%||25% of semester tuition cost|
|50% or more||No Refund|
***Please note that the Return of Title IV Funds (R2T4) policy is separate from the school’s refund policy. Students are responsible for paying any student tuition balance that will not been covered by financial aid funds. Payments must be submitted to the college by its established deadline to avoid the 5% late payment fee.