Standard College is now conducting the entire LPN to RN Transition Program admission process online. The admission requirements to be considered for entrance into the program remain the same.
LPN to RN Transition Program Admission Requirements
- Students must be a Licensed Practical Nurse with a current license in good standing and be qualified to practice nursing in the State of Virginia.
2. Students must complete the following prerequisite courses with a “C” or better from an Institution of Higher Learning accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education:
A. Anatomy & Physiology I and II
C. General/Introduction to Psychology
D. College Mathematics (Algebra)
E. College English Composition
F. Speech/Public Speaking/Communication
3. Submit an Official College Transcripts showing the required prerequisite courses.
4. Complete the TEAS VI Test and score at “proficiency level.” Students may take the TEAS only twice in each admission cycle.
5. Submit an Online Application with non-refundable Application Fee of $100.00. The online application can be found at: https://www.standardcollege.edu/lpn-rn-application/
6. Provide evidence of high school completion by submission of high school diploma, official transcripts, GED Certificate, or College Degree transcripts.
7. Submit three (3) written references consisting of:
A. One (1) supervisory work reference
B. Two (2) character references from persons not related to the applicant
8. Attend an admission interview.
Proof of Education. An official high school transcript, or Official transcript of College Degree (Minimum Associates Degree) is required. For students with a Foreign Transcript, the student must request to have official transcripts sent to a recognized credential evaluation service. The official transcript or evaluation report must be sent by mail in a sealed envelope to Standard College. The school’s address: 7704 Leesburg Pike, Suite 1000, Falls Church, VA 22043. The school can accept an official transcript by email if the transcript is sent by Parchment or directly by the school. Standard College cannot accept a transcript sent by or forwarded from the student.
Information Session. The Information Session will now be conducted remotely. To reserve a spot, contact the Admission Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TEAS Test Information. Students may register for the TEAS test at https://candidate.psiexams.com/registration/testcenter_details.jsp?testid=6768&statename=California&country=USA
Admission Interview. The admission interview will be scheduled by the Admission Officer after the applicant timely completes all entrance requirements. The interview will be conducted remotely.