Standard College is conducting the entire Practical Nursing admission process online. The admission requirements to be considered for entrance into the program remain the same. As a result of the temporary move to remote learning, students are now required to have regular access to a computer with a camera and internet access in order to participate in the program.
Practical Nursing Admission Requirements
- Complete the online PN Application Form, along with the $75 application fee by going to: http://www.standardcollege.edu/pnapplication/
- Take the online Entrance Exam. More information about the online exam is provided below.
- Submit proof of Education. More information on the Education requirements is provided below.
- Submit one (1) professional reference and two (2) Personal references
- Complete an online admission interview. More information on the interview process is provided below.
- Attend mandatory orientation.
Proof of High School Graduation. An official high school transcript, or Official transcript of College Degree (Minimum Associates Degree) is required. For students with a Foreign Transcript, the student must request to have official transcripts sent to a recognized credential evaluation service. The official transcript or evaluation report must be sent by mail in a sealed envelope to Standard College. The school’s address: 7704 Leesburg Pike, Suite 1000, Falls Church, VA 22043. The school can accept an official transcript by email if the transcript is sent by Parchment or directly by the school. Standard College cannot accept a transcript sent by or forwarded from the student.
Online Entrance Exam The following requirements are now in place in order to take the Entrance Exam:
- An appointment must be scheduled before taking the exam. To schedule an appointment, contact the Admission Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The exam may be taken on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm.
- The exam will be proctored by camera.
- Applicants must download the free video software Zoom at https://zoom.us/support/download
- The exam may only be taken by applicants with a:
- Computer with a webcam, or
- Computer plus a phone that can record.
The interview will be conducted online. The Admission Officer will contact you after you pass the Entrance Exam to set up a phone interview. During t, you will receive comprehensive information on the program’s policies and procedures. The interview should take between 5 -15 minutes.